A#####o

When your cold feet
In the darkest of nights
Brushed against my own toes
It sent shivers in my spine 
Supined in my dreams
Of more than a decade of falling in love with you
Unrequited.

As I pressed my own head
Onto your sweet smelling back
My hopes for a reciprocated gesture
A touch, a nudge, a quick acknowledgment 
Of my invigorated love
Drowned by my own fears of your own fears
To let go of your inhibitions.

You did not turn your face towards me
But I kept on resting my nose on your frame
Until the break of day
Breaks the ennui of my sleepless devotion
That remains unfurled in our own worlds
Of unresolved crisis in how we see ourselves
In the eyes of our own dreaded nightmares.

The brushing of your feet against mine
The summoning of your all too familiar scent 
The silence of your feelings failing to give answers
To my years of undying, relentless peculiar love for you
They all vanished in the sky when you bid your goodbye
The remains of our hasty embrace--
Find relic in every verse, in every line
In this poem I am writing 
While I rest my head on your pillows
Salvaging whats left of your fragrance
My lonely toes begging to be touched again
By the brushing of your own cold feet

My parched soul longing to warm your heart. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Concord Kebab Shop

Light Bulbs

Hyperplasia