Easter 2022

 I look up at the clear blue Easter sky

There are no clouds spelled JESUS
And I wonder if people in China see CONFUCIOUS
Or BUDDHA, or in the middle east ALLAH
Do freethinkers see UNIVERSE?
The agnostics must be the happiest people today
My prayers are floating in the air
They don't go upwards
Is it because of my constant questioning
Fanning the incense of my murmurings?

In two minutes my 'church' starts its resurrection Sunday service
I have not connected the livestream to my tele 
But there is old gospel music playing
A band-aid solution to my palpitations
Where can I find ammonia balls?

-
-
-

Still nothing.

I shall wait. 

Still expecting.

-
-
-

Another uncertain question
While the beating of the drums go harder
And the chorus reach coda
Crescendo. And it ends.

But Spotify is on shuffle.
Another song begins.
For now, that is 
Enough. 
Always has been.
Always will be.

Grace period is Grace
Period.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Light Bulbs

Concord Kebab Shop

Hyperplasia