Tatay's Hospital Bed

My father has a hospital bed at home

I like sleeping on it
Or playing with its manual recliner
Adjusting it to my liking:
Netflix angle, around 45 degrees
Reading angle, more
Meditating angle, depends
Flat for shavasana.

While in shavasana I thought
Does tatay play with the manual recliner, too?
He's not as confined to it anymore
Limbs are healthier after the stroke
At 2am he would always get up
And move to the living room sofa to sleep
This signals the great changing of guards
In the early hours of dawn
As I slowly jump into tatay's hospital bed
Adjusting the recliner to my liking.

Oh sweet luxury of choice
And of play
And of role play
It can get scary
Buy more time
Spend more time.

I hear the roosters crow
Must be 4am
Any moment now tatay will reclaim his twilight, reclining throne.

I shall inch back to the king-sized bed.

In the name
Of the father
Of the son
And of the holy spirit
Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Light Bulbs

Concord Kebab Shop

Hyperplasia