Dome

Opposite an upholstered seat
Bleeding with aged dust
Shy, alone.

World map painted on the ceiling
They serve the world’s finest coffees
But I only had water, fish and chips.

‘On the Wings of Love'
Fills most of the free space in the air
Muffled by giggles and talks of trade.

Fine people, they come here
It was once my dream
And just like the one who painted the Pacific Ocean on the roof

Vision can make the seas

Fly


To the moon.

Note: When I was still a university student, I used to think that Dome Cafe at Shangri La Mall in Mandaluyong City, Manila was a cafe for the rich and the famous. I once saw Piolo Pascual there. I wrote this when I decided to try this cafe during my vacation in July 2018.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Light Bulbs

Concord Kebab Shop

Hyperplasia