Into the Wild

Loneliness, if only you could talk
What would you tell me?
You are not a person who could say
Hi, hello.

To talk back to me
Is self betrayal
But what if you could
What would you tell me?

Would you tell me to look
At the shadows and imagine their real faces?
You can shove me all you want
But there is no force sealed in a vacuum
Only the intensity to frolick
In the sound of your silence.

But if only you could talk
If only you could also listen
And capture the spirits
Of the tides, of the sun's rays in arrows.

But I will have to wait
Until you talk back
And I will wait even longer
Until I grow tired of you

Nonetheless
You have the perfect memory
To remember that I
Once asked you to talk back to me.

Note: I wrote this after I watched the movie 'Into the Wild'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Light Bulbs

Concord Kebab Shop

Hyperplasia